Tuesday, June 17, 2014

wine weekend! Piemonte, Italy

A couple months ago a friend at school put together a Wine Weekend getaway for a small group. It was fabulous. I'm really glad that I decided to go!

The places (and variety of places!) that I am able to get to in just a couple hours from Milan still amazes me. I can get to the seaside of magical Cinque Terre in under three hours... the cute towns of mountain-surrounded Lake Como in 40 minutes... and the picturesque hilly landscape where Barolo wine is made in about two hours.

I . Love . Living . In . Italy !!!

A few of the guys went up Friday afternoon from school... and the rest of us drove out the next day. Just Saturday-to-Sunday away was still such a nice mini-vacation on a regular weekend off from work.   : )

We met the guys at an overlook in Cuneo (part of the Piemonte region)... and these fabulous men had Prosecco with cheese and salami waiting for us! (Oh... AND a view!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment