Sunday, November 10, 2013

market takeaways


I've made a small weekly tradition for myself, in which I find quiet happiness... I walk to the park with the free water and then stop by the Saturday market on the way back to my apartment.

Yesterday I picked up a couple bananas, strawberries, raspberries (which I didn't see but the lady talked me into and I'm so glad she did show them to me because they are delicious!)... and some asparagus. The lady was asking me what I'm going to make with the asparagus... put it with eggs? ...in a salad? ...with cheese? I was stumped on my words at the time... I wanted to tell her that I plan to bake them in the oven with some oil and garlic salt. That should have been pretty simple  : P

For lunch - I made a box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese... which, yes, I brought with me from the States! It's worth it. Once in a while it's so nice to have this... a childhood favorite of mine (and, well... probably still a favorite of mine!).

My favorites? -- Velveeta shells... or Kraft's fun shapes... the one yesterday was Spongebob Squarepants! Mmmhmmm!


1 comment:

  1. So funny! I buy Kraft Mac and Cheese from Amazon UK...of course, they don't sell the Spongebob version, but...

    ReplyDelete